Just after the 2nd World War, in 1947, grandfather René Lamoureux planted his first vines in Les Riceys, making him the de facto founder of the house. However, it was his son, Jean-Jacques, who further developed this small winery to the next level. Les Riceys belongs to the least known and most secluded part of Champagne, the Côte de Bar. It is situated between Reims (Epernay) and Bourgogne, below the city of Troyes, far from the touristic heart of Champagne where the famous large houses are located. All the more, however, surprising and interesting discoveries can be made here without support of big branding. They count solely on their pure class. Today, son Vivien manages the winery, where Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier are presented pure and blended, with the same high quality standards for each cuvée. Just about all different types of champagne are represented here and make Champagne Lamoureux an unmissable opportunity for every champagne lover.
The Riceys vineyard is the largest in Champagne and belongs to the Côte des Bar. Clay/limestone soils dating back to the Kimmeridgian.
Respect for biodiversity is their daily concern and quality is of their biggest importance and you can taste that. Discover the exceptional flavors of their Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, pure and blended:
- Champagne Lamoureux Cuvée Réserve Brut - 100% Pinot Noir
- Champagne Lamoureux Cuvée Rosé Brut - 90% Pinot Noir et 10% Pinot Meunier
- Champagne Lamoureux Cuvée Florine Brut - 50% Pinot Noir et 50% Chardonnay
- Champagne Lamoureux Cuvée Alexendrine Blanc de Blancs - Brut - 100% Chardonnay
- Champagne Lamoureux Cuvée Trilogie Brut - 3 Cépages - Pinot Noir, Chardonnay et Pinot Meunier